Monday, June 7, 2010

Some Trophy H thoughts for today from my desk to yours, my silent reader.



We are all affected by the recent recession and we must be prepared for a few cutbacks.
Even MrD and me,myself and I, the Trophy H, are not above making some major changes in our everyday lifestyle, if it’s for the good of society.
I have already cutback on maids.
I no longer have a maid cleaning our condo 5 mornings a week.
Now she comes only once a week.
She still must do the same work.
I don’t put my Thursday, Porches Carrera 4 through the car wash. That is another thing the maid gets to do.
Cutbacks?
Last Sunday I took clients out for dinner at the biggest hotel here in Vancouver. None of us ordered the appetizers to go with our martinis.
We even ordered bottles of the house wine to go with the plats du jour.
I noticed the over worked and under paid staff at the hotel had also suffered a few cutbacks.
So my service was cutback, a bit.
So their tip was cutback, a lot.
I recently shopped at the local organic farmer’s market and bought regular olive oil and not the extra virgin pressed between the thighs of young Greek gods.
I cut back on a full wheel of French Brie cheese.
A half a wheel does not taste the same as a full wheel.
But I can learn to live with cutbacks.
MrD and I flew business class and not first class home from Asia the second last trip.
I have reduced my botox injections by 10 %.
I have not had my natural blond hair roots touched up in a noticeable amount of time.
I do not shop for shoes before 2 pm. on Mondays.
MrD only allows me to shop at Holt's on days that end in “Y”
See we can all make a difference.
Keep a stiff upper lip and don’t be hesitant to make sacrifices my silent reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment