Friday, June 11, 2010

Today's Trophy H Pasta.






I feel its best not to get carried away with too many flavours when creating a decent, quick pasta sauce, unless, of course, it’s a Mexican mole sauce which requires about 45 ingredients.
Today’s pasta I used penne. My sauce I made from bacon, smoked salmon, black olives and a pesto cream. I wanted a creamy sauce to smother inside and around those perfect tubes of joy.
The plate of pasta heaven I garnished with some baby fresh oregano leaves and crumbled goat cheese, not the usual Parmesan.
I say, my silent reader, keep it simple and watch them lick their plates.
If you are lucky enough to live near some organic markets you might try this elk pasta treat. I found fresh elk sausage with huckleberries and also some elk pepperoni. I used these two main ingredients as the star for this orcheitto pasta paired with still more of my craving for wild morel mushrooms. I added some green peas and sweet red peppers for some colour and added texture. A good swirl of olive oil and some freshly grated Parmasean finshes off the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment