Saturday, January 29, 2011

This week has been a blur.


This week has been a blur. I have had more visitors, calls, emails and messages than I have had in months. I feel so special. I still prefer the blog because I get tired going through the same stories all the time. Many friends from out of town want to fly out and visit. These are people I have known for decades so I struggle to fit them in and give each a chance to just be here. My big brother and sister are flying in on Monday until Saturday and they will be the last guests who actually stay with us until a time might come again where either MrD or I can cope. The day after they leave we have booked flights back to Manila. I need to settle my legal affairs, talk to our staff and face MrD’s family with the news because he has been unable to go into the real details over the phone.
My doctor told me if I needed to do this trip it should be now and make it short.
I have gotten new medicines for the pain and stress so I have had some better sleep time.
The nutritional three week cleansing has moved into the last phase of the vegetable protein stage and I hear rumours from MrD that next week I will be allowed to have some small amounts of dead animals. I can hardly wait.
Cancer Rocks but in truth, this week I have had to dig a little deeper to feel that side of this adventure.
MrD is really at his end of all the care he can give and we are interviewing home help for when we return.
Our newly designed upstairs wardrobes arrive and were installed Thursday to oohs and aahs. If our luck holds the bed we ordered last month before all this struck should be delivered on Saturday so my family doesn’t have to sleep on the floors.
The palliative care people have been here the most figuring ways to make my life at home easier so they have installed special air cushioned bed pads, a pole to help me get out of bed easier, or practice my pole dancing, a toilet seat with arms to get up and down on, a shower seat for the time down the road when I need to sit and rinse and maybe the hardest to accept but pretty cool, is my new black padded wheel chair. They adjusted everything to fit it too my body but it may be a bit before I can fit my mind around it. I thought of journeys out wearing big hats or even veils but everyone would know it was the Trophy H right away.
Everyone have a grand week. I sure plan to have a great one.

16 comments:

  1. I have to say your comment about going out in a wheelchair in a big hat or a veil but everyone would still know it was you made me laugh out loud! Hope all these adjustments improve things for you so you can focus your energy on getting better and not on the annoying day to day stuff. Love and admire you as always xxx Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Neil, at least the end of the cleanse will allow you to use enjoy your fantastic taste buds. My thoughts and wishes are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are adorable.......Enjoy whatever you can,,,,,big hug to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Neil!
    It's Matt P, from the nooner, I know i'm not supposed to say that but whatever lol. I've been reading your fabulous blogs and I saw your flickr thing. I really admire how artistic you are. I've only been told I'm a good writer. Anyway, I was wondering if you could email me. I'd like to pop by and say hello :) mpiercy89@gmail.com

    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your brother & sister got out to see you. I'm sure you will have a good visit with Dan's family, though it will be hard for them as well.
    I bet you can't wait to get your hands on a messy hamburger, though chicken may be easier to deal with.
    I should have known the real reason you got the pole was for the pole dancing. Are you going to have visiting pole dancers as well? Maybe pole dancing competitions?
    Just one real question about your snazzy wheelchair. is there a perch that poochie can occupy, so he can tag along? He could wear a colourful scarf to keep warm in the winter wind.
    ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neil passed away at 3:07 AM, Vancouver time, on Friday, February 4. He was in peace. Great guy. May he be in the eternal light now.
    Miss you Neil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Daniel, I am Neil's cousin Dorothy. I spoke with Raymond 2 days before he and Heather were going out to visit and got the contact info. I checked out the blog when I got back home to internet access but I was having a hard time putting my feelings into words so I put off sending a message until this morning. Now it's too late to let Neil know how often I thought about him over the years. I am glad that R & H got to be with both of you during his last days. It is comforting to know that he was surrounded by loved ones and he is no longer in pain. It sounds like the two of you had a great life together - it's a shame it was cut way too short. Please accept my sincere condolences. He was a great guy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dan. Please accept my sincere condolences. I always thought I had time - that I would run into you guys in BKK or Vancouver this year - I was wrong. I am so sorry that your life together was cut short but glad that Neil is at peace and no longer in pain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi.
    I'm very sad to hear of Neil's passing away. I didn't know him for long, but he had this fabulous spirit, and I was drawn to him. But if anybody could keep me in the loop regarding information about a memorial service. I think people at the AA meeting I go to would like to pay our last respects to Neil. I know that Neil is with God now, and is at peace.

    Matt Piercy
    778-689-6340
    mpiercy89@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dan
    How can this be? Losing a partner is one of the hardest endeavors we will ever have to go through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your families. Be good to yourself. To know Neil was to love Neil. Memories will live on forever. So long my friend, til we meet again. RIP Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dan so sorry about your loss. My condolences to you.
    Neil was a very special being.
    Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had only known Neil for a short time, during which he showed me his selflessness,humility and humor. My sincere condolences to his loving partner, family and all who are mourning the loss of this special man. He will be missed, particularly by a group of loving friends who had the privilege of getting to know Neil over the last several months. May you be at peace my friend. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sincere sympathy to Neil's family.
    From the Clipperton family of Walford

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for everything Neil.
    -Your silent reader.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am celebrating your life!! Just thinking of you changed my views on a lot of things. Thank you for everything my dear. even after death you are still full of life! :)

    missing you!

    -your silent reader.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Neil had been a member of the West End Writers Workshop for the past year and I we have a link to this blog on our WE blog and site. I had been wondering where Neil was lately, and updating our site, I clicked on his link and am devastated to learn the news of his death. He was a wonderfully funny man who delighted us with his writings and though we hardly know him, I am certain that his friends and family miss him horribly. On behalf of WEWW, please accept our deepest condolences on your loss of Neil. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete