Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Anniversary MrD


08:00. I have been up since 06:25.
S**t, Showered and Shaved. Old Spice High Endurance Long Lasting Stick. Travocort. Bio Oil. Kiel's eye alert. Kiel's Super restorative body lotion (circle pats. Don't rub!)
06:30 Get dressed as today's trophy H. shhssspsssst a waft of duty free Armani something.
06:40 Prepare laundry. Take out the trash. Buy a coffee from J.J. Beans. Dark roast. Cream. No sugar. Return home.
07:00. "Muesli or Sandwich MrD?" "Sandwicho Trophy H." "Ti Minuti?" "Bene".
0710. Plated and presented Trophy H morning sandwicho of Prosciutto, egg and apricot Cheddar on slightly toasted 12 grain. No butter.
07:12 MrD disappears into his corner view office to mangaramo and run the empire.
07:15. Morning coffee break with that still warm J.J. Bean brew and 1/2 cup muesli sprinkled artistically with a handful of fresh cranberries.
07:30 Salvage and rearrange the flowers. Its Monday. Plan the new arrangements later when MrD delivers this week's lot of blooms. Start the laundry.
Dishes done. Trophy Hair on and time to hit the net and type all the morning notes to let everyone know how I manage to keep all this up.
and its 08:16.
08:40. I have finished sewing one line of black and white tiny glass beads on a Speedo Hoody for a fashionistermeester client of mine.
09:30 Time for a morning power walk along the sea wall. Have not seen a seal in a while and the Sea Lions I saw yesterday from the Ferry made me yearn.
13:00. Lunch of home made pizza with elk terrine and sun dried tomato pesto. Served and kitchen cleaned up after. Time for a short siesta and then some photo editing.
13:30 Turned on the fireplace DVD from my sister for the holidays. The fireside DVD comes with Christmas songs but after one round of those I turn them off and just let the fire place images run. No fire trap for MrD and all the pleasure...almost of a real fire. I have some slow braising beef side ribs going on in a slow cooker for tomorrow's dinner. Today they fill the house with smelly warm feelings. Tonight MrD is taking me out to a local culinary hot spot called "Brix". Very west coast BC food 100 mile radius kind of trendy paparazzi eatery with twelve wine glasses for each diner sort of dump. But can they cook? More on that later. I googled their menu and my guess for tonight's choices for MrD and me in reverse order are: Gulf Island Lamb Rack,smoked sea salt & fresh herb crusted lamb rack, jalapeno infused polenta with smoked Quebec cheddar, grilled scallions & bell pepper, whiskey – pale ale demi glace
[ Wine recommendation: Cabernet Sauvignon, Mediterranean red ]Good suggestion.
Fraser Valley Chicken Breast 25?
triple smoked bacon, pecorino cheese, arugula & oven dried tomato stuffed, garlic roasted yellow jacket potato, brocollini and baby carrots, roma tomato chicken reduction
[ Wine recommendation: Pinot Noir, Chardonnay ]
Triple Lemon Cheesecake
chocolate cookie crust, raspberry granite to share?
My afternoon power walk up the hill and back today was a good prep for tonight's dinner. What to do with all this time? Dinner is reserved for 18:00. I need only 15 minutes to dress now that I have the outfit chosen. Time to crack open the reserve hidden way below in the back corner of the wine cellar? No but something adult and respectable is in order for a wedding anniversary. Vina Amalia Reservado Malbek 2005 This Malbek was part of the treasures left behind at last weekend's party to celebrate our last mortgage payment. When in doubt and need a big finish with a flourish go for the Argentines. This wine makes you think Broadway, Evita and Joe Allen's. Top notch. Pop goes the cork. No recession under this cork.
Nice words spoken. Nice words listened to. Wine touches lips and vice versa. Life goes on. Winter is here. December the 21. The first and longest night of winter.
What to wear to dinner was never a question. I am wearing the wool hounds tooth jacket I designed and had tailored in Bangkok for my wedding. A very very long Hollywood style jacket. Black silk satin lapels and pocket flaps to wear inside or out. Good to have a wool suit this time of year. The interchanging pocket flaps keep the suit looking and feeling fresh and new.
I do not have a romantic bone in my body so I choose the same thing over and over on my anniversary minus the disastrous wedding day mohair maxi overcoat which shall not be mentioned. It was the last time MrD asked me if I was going to wear that outfit?
Oh yes I must remember to wear my wedding band. "Ready TH?" "Ready Ready Mrd." Ready world?

No comments:

Post a Comment