Sunday, December 13, 2009

A trophy H's letter to those poor people unable to attend.


All that was missing was for you to have attended. So many people all having a fabulous time is what I remember mostly. MrD and I are tired happy. So very fortunate to have this wonderful home all to our no mortgage payment selves, with such wonderful neighbours. Our living room is a storehouse of treasures left behind. Gifts of pure brilliance, generosity and dare we use the four letter word L**E.
There is so much leftovers to transform into delightful trophy H breakfast, lunches and dinners for MrD. Mrd was flattered with the torrents of praise for my humble mortgage free home made party treats. Jon the twink/bartender/actor/waiter I hired to run the kitchen, ie. keep me out of it did a brilliant job. Juggling the 4 different wild meat terrines, shrimp three ways, the cheese trays and all those funny breads. There was a feeding frenzy. No worries a trophy H always provides too much for parties. I mean what is the alternative? Not enough? MrD would have to commit hari hari cari cari which is mea culpa for trophy H failed.
MrD reckons there were upwards of forty guests who showed up, some with bells on, to celebrate our paying the last payment on our mortgage balance at 1:30 on Friday, December 11. A party was in order. Friends to celebrate. Food. Drink to honour the moment and each other. Many many guests I had never met. Half the numbers this time were our building neighbours. Lots from Mrd's language groups. The odd Italian teacher here. The odder Russian beautiful straight couple. Oh La La. Some returning guests had been to our now famous pizza party. They were the first to the food table. Exciting to greet more new neighbours this time. Great. I want to have them all over. Soon.
Lots of gmen. Old friends who are new and new ones who are old and others who just look that way. The Fabulous M with his exotic Victor from South Africa, via LA, Hong Kong and Burnaby deserves an award as support entertainment host and most important photo taker. I had baked up some very Martha inspired bread sticks all curled around into funny shapes. Like jewelry. Victor saw them as jewels straight away and insisted on a shot of me with one as an ear ring. I didn't take any photos really but managed to click a few point and shoots to get something for the scrap book/face book. A trophy H's work never stops. Mingle talk walk mingle talk walk smile. Download.
I am taking the day off tomorrow.
Wednesday evening is our holiday pot luck party in the main lobby where we I may have mentioned we live mortgage free. Just have a couple of days to plan what to wear. I haven't got a clue what to wear. I don't care. I do know one thing. I am bringing rethought fusion leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment